When you think there’s nothing in the house for supper, or when relatives suddenly appear for Sunday lunch, here’s the answer. The flour mixture in this vegetable-packed dish magically forms a very thin tender base for its zesty custard filling. Serve with chili sauce or bottled salsa and a cabbage-carrot slaw.
Cooking Method : Baking
Cost : Inexpensive
Total Time : under 1 hour
Occasion : Buffet, Buffet Meal, Casual Dinner Party, Family Get Together
Recipe Course : Main Course
Meal : Brunch, Dinner, Lunch
Taste and Texture : Cheesy, Salty, Savory
Type of Dish : Casserole, Savory/pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Half sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (25 mL) shortening
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- Grease 10-inch (25 cm) quiche pan or pie plate; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Combine bacon, cheddar, onion, green pepper, corn, pepper, salt and cayenne; sprinkle over bread crumbs.
- In bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; cut in shortening until in fine crumbs. Add eggs and milk; whisk just until smooth. Pour over bacon mixture.
- Bake in 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Credit Article : https://www. cookstr .com/Savory-Pies/Cheddar-Corn-Impossible-Pie
Published By : https://www.alhadiid-z.us/