DescriptionRao's Famous Lemon Chicken is a delicious broiled chicken recipe that's tart and tangy — perfect for the spring and summer. It's quick and easy to make — the whole thing takes under an hour, and most of that time the chicken is in the broiler so you don't even need to worry about it.
Cooking Method : Broiling
Cost : Inexpensive
Total Time : under 1 hour
Kid Friendly :Yes
Occasion : Casual Dinner Party
Recipe Course : Main Course
Meal : Dinner
Taste and TextureGarlicky, Herby, Savory, Tangy, Tart
- 2 2 ½- to 3-pound broiling chickens, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To attain maximum heat, preheat broiler for at least 15 minutes before using.
- Make the Lemon Sauce: Whisk together juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Whisk or shake vigorously before using.
- Broil chicken halves, turning once, for about 30 minutes or until skin is golden-brown and juices run clear when bird is pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken from broiler, leaving broiler on. Using a very sharp knife, cut each half into about 6 pieces (leg, thigh, wing, 3 small breast pieces).
- Place chicken on a baking sheet with sides, of a size that can fit into the broiler. Pour Lemon Sauce over the chicken and toss to coat well. If necessary, divide sauce in half and do this in two batches.
- Return to broiler and broil for 3 minutes. Turn each piece and broil for an additional minute.
- Remove from broiler and portion each chicken onto each of 6 warm serving plates.
- Pour sauce into a heavy saucepan. Stir in parsley and place over high heat for 1 minute. Pour an equal amount of sauce over each chicken and serve with lots of crusty bread to absorb the sauce.
Credit Article : https://www. cookstr .com/Chicken-Recipes/Raos-Famous-Lemon-Chicken
Published By : https://www.alhadiid-z.us/