This Classic Homemade Beef Stew is the perfect comforting stew for chilly nights or Sunday dinners. This stew is filled with beef, potatoes, carrots, celery and peas for the perfect cold weather meal.
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 mins
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings 1x
Category: Main Dish
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lb. chuck pot roast, trimmed and cut into 3/4” pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups vegetable juice (such as V8)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices on a bias
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
Place the flour and the pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the beef, seal the bag, and shake until all the pieces are coated with the flour mixture.
In a 5 to 6 quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat half of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef to a plate, add more oil, and cook the remaining beef.
When the beef is browned, return all of the beef to the pot. Stir in the vegetable juice, beef broth, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover and cook for 1 hour.
Stir the potatoes and carrots into the stew. Return to a boil, reduce the heat and cover and cook for an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Stir in the peas and cook until heated through. Remove the bay leaf and serve.
- Recipe source: https://www. tasteandtellblog .com/classic-homemade-beef-stew-recipe/
- Published By : https://www.alhadiid-z.us
- Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
Sugar: 27 g
Sodium: 658 mg
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 27 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg