These lemon poppy seed pancakes are a breakfast winner! They’re gluten free oatmeal pancakes using oat flour, which makes them hearty and filling.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats or oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (or whole wheat flour)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large lemon (zest + 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 cup milk
- If using oats, make oat flour by placing 1 1/2 cup oats in a food processor and processing until finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients: 1 1/2 cups oat flour, 1/2 cup gluten-free or whole-wheat flour, ¼ cup cornstarch, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar (if using maple syrup, omit sugar and add 2 ½ tablespoons maple syrup with the eggs in the next step).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and the zest of one lemon. Pour into the dry ingredients, then add 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil. Pour in 1 cup milk (¾ cup if using maple syrup instead of sugar), and stir everything to combine. The batter should be thick but just pourable. If not pourable, add a small bit of milk to lighten the batter and stir to combine.
- Lightly grease a skillet and wipe off extra grease with a paper towel. Heat the skillet to medium heat. Pour the batter into small circles and fry the pancakes until the bubbles pop on the top. Then flip them and cook until done.
- Serve the pancakes warm with maple syrup.
Get Full Article from here https://www. acouplecooks .com/lemon-poppy-seed-oat-pancakes-gluten-free/